Indian applicants who wish to apply for a visa can find all information for types of visa and supporting documents. Get details about available visa types, documents requirement for the application, visa fees, visa form, visa centre and general guidelines for Indian citizen who wish to travel Austria with employment visa.
For citizens of India, Living in India
· Application form to be filled in completely and signed by the applicant.
· Two recent passport-size (35-45 mm in width) photographs in colour according to EU norms. The photographs must be: no more than 6 months old, close up of your head and top of your shoulders so that your face takes up 70-80% of the photograph, photographs taken with a digital camera must be high quality colour and printed on photo-quality paper.
· The passport should be valid for at least three months beyond the intended duration of stay in the Schengen territory. Passports valid for more than 10 years will not be accepted as the main required travel document. It is mandatory to have two blank pages opposite to each other.
· Handwritten passports and Passports with manual entry or observations concerning the data pages will not be accepted by the Embassy.
· Proof of airline reservation for a round trip reservation slip. Ticket should not be bought until a visa is guaranteed or issued.
· Proof of accommodation: hotel reservation, guarantee of host company, etc.
· Overseas medical insurance valid for all Schengen-countries with a minimum coverage of 30,000 EURO. The insurance has to cover all risk e.g. accident, illness, etc. Insurance policies have to be submitted with an English or German translation. The policy has to clearly specify the period of validity and has to cover the date of arrival &amp; departure has to be submitted in original along with a photocopy for the first 14 days of stay in Austria. Approved list of Indian Travel Insurance Companies providing Travel Medical Insurance for Schengen Visa:
· Cover letter explaining the purpose of the trip.
· Valid permit to return to India (e.g. valid resident or return visa for citizens of other countries residing in India (if applicable).
· Original letter from the company specifying reason for and duration of travel to Austria.
· Original invitation letter from the company in Austria sent directly from the Austrian Company to the Embassy, copy to be submitted with the application.
· Permission from the Austrian Labour Market Authority (&ldquo;AMS Best&auml;tigung&rdquo;) in original.
· Letter from the Indian company in original (not applicable to seasonal workers)
· Copy of passport, visa/s and stamps (if any)
· Visa fees paid are Non-Refundable now.
· Applicant can be asked for additional documents or may be called for an interview if deemed necessary by the Embassy.
· The submission and collection of your visa application and passport from VFS can be done either by the applicant himself/herself or through any authorized person who bears an original authorization letter signed by the applicant and a photo-ID of the authorized person.
· Application form, declaration &amp; undertaking and requisite document must be signed by the Applicant. Representative and Travel Agents must bring the above signed documents at the time of submission.
· The applications for a visa should be filed at least 15 working days prior to departure.
The Embassy of Austria has implemented a change in arrangement for the collection of passport(s) from VFS Visa Application Centre. With effect from 6th February 2015, third party collection of the documents or passports will not be permitted, except in the following cases:
· Immediate Family Member ( i.e. Parents, Children, Siblings);
· One member of a group collecting for the entire group;
· A person collecting on behalf of Govt. officials if authorized on the Govt. letter head or department;
· Representative of a company - Authorization letter on the letter head of the company and the official ID card.
If any of the above comes for passport collection they need to carry the following documents:-
· Photocopy of Govt. ID card;
· Original ICR;Authorisation Letter from applicant.
Visa Fee Subject to Change.
Although the information on this website has been prepared with utmost care. However, regulations and requirements are subject to change.
Embassy/Consulate reserves the right to ask for additional documents or personal appearance for an interview in special cases. Submission of the above-mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted. Submission of incomplete documentation or refusal to appear for a special visa interview may result in the rejection of your application.