Indian applicants who wish to apply for a visa can find all information for types of visa and supporting documents. Get details about available visa types, documents requirement for the application, visa fees, visa form, visa centre and general guidelines for Indian citizen who wish to travel Germany with employment visa.
For citizens of India, Living in India
Personal appearance at the German Embassy is mandatory for all Applicants applying for a Residence Permit. All applicants have to schedule an appointment for personal interview at the German Embassy. These appointments have to be scheduled with VFS Global Services Pvt. Ltd, managing the German Application Centers.
Upon application for an Employment Visa at the German Embassy the following original documents have to be submitted (copies have to be provided in DIN-A4 size only):
Note: For the visa application submission Applicant / Agent needs to take appointment through VFS sitehttp://www.vfs-germany.co.in/NewDelhi_NorthIndia/longterm_appointment.htmlApplicants can also book their appointment by calling on the helpline no:- 022- 6786 6013.
· Two visa application forms. Please make sure that both forms are duly filled and signed indicating especially the address of future residence in Germany (Question 15) as well as the complete address including telephone number and e-mail address in India.
· Signed Declaration on True and Complete Information.
· Valid travel document satisfying the following criteria (plus a photocopy of all printed pages).
o its validity shall extend at least three months after the intended date of departure from the territory of the Member States or, in the case of several visits, after the last intended date of departure from the territory of the member States;
o it shall contain at least two blank pages;
o it shall have been issued within the previous 10 years.
o Handwritten passports are not acceptable for the visa processing.
o Note: Please note that Indian passports can only be accepted if their bio data (name, date of birth, place of birth of holder, sex) have not been modified by an observation. However, observations regarding the validity of the passport are permitted.
· Two recent passport size colored photographs (35 x 45 mm) with white background, 70-80% face coverage, The photo should be printed on high-quality paper with a print resolution of at least 600 dpi (especially when taken with a digital camera). Photograph should not be more than 6 months old.
· Cover letter from applicant, explaining the exact purpose and duration of your stay in Germany.
· Proof of Qualification and Experience Certificates for future employment in Germany.
· Work Contract with a German Company.
· Letter from future German employer confirming the deputation.
· Deputation Order from Indian Employer confirming the deputation.
· The German Embassy reserves the right to ask for additional documents.
· The submission and collection of your visa application and passport from VFS can be done either by the applicant himself/herself or through any authorized person who bears an original authorization letter signed by the applicant and a photo-ID.
The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany, New Delhi has implemented a change in arrangements for the collection of passport from visa application centres. With effect from 16th July 2014, it will no longer be possible for third parties to collect the documents on behalf of an applicant, except in the following cases:
· Immediate family member (i.e Parent, Child, Sibling).
· One member of a group collecting for the entire group.
· A person collecting on behalf of Govt. officials if authorized on the Govt. letter head or department.
· Representative of a company- Authorization letter on the letter head of the company and the official ID card of the representative.
If any of the above comes for passport collection they need to carry the following documents:-
· Photocopy of Govt. ID card.
· Original ICR.
· Authorisation Letter from applicant.
Applicants who do not wish to collect their documents in person and whose documents cannot be collected by one of the above should select delivery mode as courier at the time of submission. The applicants are requested to mention the complete delivery address on the covering letter. In case no specific address is mentioned on the covering letter, the passport will be sent to the address mentioned on the Visa Application Form. This procedural change is to ensure the safe and secure return of documents to applicants
Visa Fee Subject to Change.
Although the information on this website has been prepared with utmost care. However, regulations and requirements are subject to change.
Embassy/Consulate reserves the right to ask for additional documents or personal appearance for an interview in special cases. Submission of the above-mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted. Submission of incomplete documentation or refusal to appear for a special visa interview may result in the rejection of your application.