Indian applicants who wish to apply for a visa can find all information for types of visa and supporting documents. Get details about available visa types, documents requirement for the application, visa fees, visa form, visa centre and general guidelines for Indian citizen who wish to travel United kingdom (uk) with employment visa.
For citizens of India, Living in India
It is mandatory for the applicant to fill the online visa form. The website address is:- https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/
- Applicant needs to click on the button APPLY
- You need to select the purpose of visit in the options given.
- After filling up the online visa form you will get an option for appointment date.
- With this printout applicant needs to visit VFS for biometrics.
- Visa fees has to be paid online using Visa or MasterCard debit or credit cards or via e-wallet (PayPal or Skrill).
Uk has announced a change in collection of Visa Doocuments from the VFS Application Centers: For all visa applications submitted from Wednesday 10th October, 2012, it will no longer be possible for a third party to collect the documents on behalf of an applicant, except in the following cases:-
· A parent collecting for a dependent child;
· One member of a family group collecting the passports for the whole family;
· Government Ministry representatives and a Business Express Programme company representative, approved by the company's authorized signatories.
Applicants who do not wish to collect their documents in person, and whose documents cannot be collected by one of the above, should select return delivery by courier at the time they make their visa application.
This is issued by the Department for Education and Employment. Regular Work Permits are only issued for jobs involving a high level of skill and experience for which no resident labor is available in the United Kingdom. Permits may, however, be issued to enable Overseas Nationals to come to the United Kingdom for training or work experience.
Application for a Work Permit has to be placed by the Employer in the United Kingdom, at least 8 weeks before the commencement date, at the address mentioned below. The Applicant should not travel to the United Kingdom before receiving the permit. Failure to comply will result in the refusal of admission for the job.
Overseas Labour Service.
Department for Education and Employment.
Level 5, Moorfoot, Sheffield, SI 4PQ.
Tel: +44-114 259 4074
There are certain categories of employment for which a Work Permit is not required, such as:
· A Working Holiday Maker or Au Pair;
· A Minister of Religion, a Missionary or a Member of a Religious Order;
· Representative of an Overseas Firm that has no branch, subsidiary or other Representative in the United Kingdom;
· Representative of an Overseas Newspaper, News Agency or Broadcasting Organization, on a long term assignment to the United Kingdom;
· A Domestic Worker of a member of the Staff of a Diplomatic or Consular Mission;
· A Domestic Worker in a private household;
· A Teacher or a Language Assistant deputed to an Institution in the UK under an Exchange Scheme;
· A Member of the Operational Ground Staff (but not other staff) of an Overseas-Owned Airline;
· Postgraduate Doctor/ Dentist coming for training;
· Seasonal Worker at an Agricultural Camp.
Applicants can now refer to the Documents Checklist tab to check which documents they may need to submit with their applications.
Visa Fee Subject to Change.
Although the information on this website has been prepared with utmost care. However, regulations and requirements are subject to change.
Embassy/Consulate reserves the right to ask for additional documents or personal appearance for an interview in special cases. Submission of the above-mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted. Submission of incomplete documentation or refusal to appear for a special visa interview may result in the rejection of your application.