What makes an Embassy or Consulate refuse to provide you with a Schengen visa? This question immediately appears to many people when they are about to apply for such visa. In fact, whenever a Schengen visa or any visa gets rejected, there is something unsatisfactory in terms of visa application.
Schengen visa is difficult to obtain, many applicants get confused and are unable to understand the exact reason for their visa refusal. This article will make you aware and help you understand the procedure and common reason for such visa refusal.
A visa application is considered unsuccessful when a consular officer fails to receive all the required information about him/ her. Unable to draw such information, the consular officer will be inadequate to decide, whether the candidate qualifies to be given a visa. At the same time the consular might get the information from the applicant that is unacceptable, sometimes applicant is not authorized by law or involved in criminal activities. In all above-mentioned cases, the consulate is liable to deny offering a visa to the candidate.
“Schengen Visa is not a hefty process you just need to meet certain requirements in order to apply for a Schengen visa”.You just need to take some precautions in terms of your documents also documents which are well synchronized and arranged in the manner that satisfy the consular officer would definitely get benefit in the process of getting your Schengen Visa.
There is final destiny for the all the applicants, who attempt to present false travel documents to the embassy, trying to falsify their identity, using fake documents is an absolute visa refusal and thus may lead to unfavourable consequences.
You need to have a valid passport with at least 2 blank pages for the stamps, thus the passport must be valid for minimum three months from the date of your departure to the Schengen territory, One passport photo, flight bookings, hotel bookings and most important is travel insurance plus Bank statement from last 3 months with sufficient balance and other documents.
Must Read: How Does Schengen Visa Works?
Most Common Reasons For Failed Schengen Visa Applications
- Insufficient Explanation For The Purpose of Planned Visit can also make negative impact on your visa case, so to avoid be sure to make to specify your travel plan and also attach the supporting documents such hotel bookings, flights tickets and day to day itinerary that explains the same, which will justify your purpose of planned travel to the Schengen countries.
- Failing to justify the presented financial situation, which does not match with your travel expenses, for instance, you are travelling and spending a chunk of money definitely you need to show the finance. So how to present the finance? In that case, you need to provide documents, such as your saving bank account statement justifying the sufficient amount that is going to need while you are travelling Schengen countries, for hotel bookings, personal expenses or any other expenses.
- In those cases you can show credit card statements, if you have a self-owned business then attached company account statement, Failing to present sufficient financial documents will surely be a disadvantage for your case.
- In case of student or dependent and not financially isn’t strong. It is recommended to show sponsorship.
Invalid Travel Insurance
- The other reason that might lead to a Schengen Visa application fail, is the inability to provide the appropriate travel insurance coverage for the period of stay in the Schengen Countries. Also, the Insurance should be issued as per the guidelines provided by respected Schengen country, so you need to check once the requirement before applying as it may hamper your application and can lead to non-acceptance of the application.
- Failing to provide a travel insurance cover for the total cost of travel and the return of the candidate in a home country
- Your travel insurance should also cover entire days of the trip and whose policy is recognized by all the Schengen states.
Inability to Demonstrate the Booked Accommodation
- Schengen countries required your well-planned travel itinerary for the entire duration of your stay, to avoid such incidents firstly you should make sure your plan is well-prepared as the norms are very strict.
- Every Indian requires a visa for the Schengen countries so well planned tour is recommended, Indian citizens can not just plan a temporary visit and decide after arrival.
- If you have someone who lives in Schengen countries then you need to present his invitation letter and supporting documents to the consular office for your stay.
- Hotel bookings must be shown along with paid receipts, if booked from the travel agency then the letter from the agency is required
- An additional reason that might lead to your Schengen visa denial is not to be able to provide the proof of your booked hotels or place to stay on your entire trip through Schengen states.
Processing Time For Schengen Visa
As per the new rule of Schengen Visa application w.e.f 2nd November 2015 applicant needs to be present personally at the time of submission if he/she have not undergone the bio-metric for their application when previously travelled or applied.
Insufficient time for processing the visa application is one of the reasons for non-acceptance, so before applying for visa make sure you give sufficient time to the visa officer to verify your case and make a decision. For instance, Spain Consulate does not even consider the regular cases, if your application is not submitted 15 days prior to your travel date.
Profession plays a crucial role for the consular officer, it can leave an impact on your case. How? An unemployed person stating to travel Schengen Countries on a tourist visa can create suspicion that you will migrate, overstay or look for the job in Schengen countries.
Showing your work or business details here can reduce the suspicion and provide better insight of your case that you are stable and hoping to return to home country.
It doesn't mean if you are unemployed you will not be able to travel, consular only needs an assurance that you will return to your home country.
Following are the risk involving factors to get Schengen visa done.
- If you are travelling solo and seeking a long-term Schengen visa for the purpose of tourism then this might create a doubtful situation for the consulate. If consulate unable to draw sufficient evidence which will prove that you will return to your home country can lead to absolute visa denial of your Schengen visa.
- If you are neither student nor an employee. In this situation, the consulate will need right justification on your visit to Schengen countries and documents that support your return from the Schengen countries to a home country.
- The risk is involved, when applications are financially suspicious to the consular office, to avoid that, you need to have good and healthy balance in your bank account which will cover your whole trip.
- False/ Counterfeit/ Forge document was presented.
- A justification for the purpose and the conditions of the intended stay was not provided.
- You have not provided proof of sufficient means of subsistence, for the duration of intended stay or is not sufficient for the return to the country of origin or residence, or for transit to the third country in which you are certain to be admitted, or you are in a position to acquire such means lawfully.
- One or more Member State (s) Consider you to be a threat to the public policy, internal security, public health or the international relations of one or more of the Member of State.
- Proof of holding an adequate and valid travel medical insurance was not provided.
- The information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and the conditions of the intended stay was not reliable.
- Your intention to leave the territory of the member state before the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained.