Canada Tourist Visa Guide For Indians
Planning to visit Canada, India’s closest ally and the friendliest country in North America, a mesmerising destination for any traveller.
A great destination for your holiday vacation or family getaway. Often referred to as “The Great White North”, this vast and expansive nation is full of exciting travel opportunities and adventures just waiting for you.
Canada the second biggest country in the world, right after Russia. Having more lakes than rest of world’s lakes combined. The beauty of Canada is so appealing you would want to stay there for your entire life. People around the globe say just little more about the hospitality of Canada and people who live there.
If you are visiting Canada for the first time, then here is the best article covering every detail on Canada Tourist Visa from India.
First, you need to apply for the correct visa type with genuine purpose of visit. In other cases such as study or work, you will be either needing work permit or Canada study visa.
Meanwhile, to get tourist visa you don’t need to make a million trips to embassies and consulates since 2014 Canada has started a new scheme called CAN+ that makes it very easy to obtain Canada visas for Indians. This scheme is only available for the following nationalities Indian, Chinese, and Mexican.
What is CAN+?
Under this scheme, you can get your Canada visa till your passport is valid. This means if your passport is valid for another 5 years, you will get your multiple entry visas for 5 years. And, perhaps your passport is valid for 10 years, then you are lucky you should get 10-year multiple entry visas.
Note*: The exact period of time for your stay in Canada depends on the immigration officer.
Before applying for the visa one must have detailed knowledge of the procedure. While Canada visitor visa allows you to stay in Canada for up to 6 months. The exact validity of your stay in Canada will be decided by the immigration officer on the basis of your purpose of visit. Indians have been visiting Canada for a long time now, most of them travel for tourism purpose or family visit purpose. If you are also planning to visit Canada, then somewhere back in the mind you must be thinking about the Canada tourist visa requirements, and the eligibility for Canada tourist visa and the procedure involved. You have two options, to apply for Canada visitor visa, either you can contact visa consultants or you can simply get in the queue and get your visa done from the nearest embassy or consulate.
Let’s see the eligibility for Canada tourist visa, if you fulfil all the below requirements, then you are eligible.
- You must hold valid Indian Passport and applicable travel documents.
- You must backup your finances for your entire stay in Canada.
- Your visa case should clearly specify that you will return to your home country.
- You must be in a good health as well as of good character.
Documents Required for Canada Tourist Visa
- Original Passports with 6 months validity from date of arrival in Canada + Old passports if any.
- Visa Application Forms.
- 3 Colour photographs: 35mm x 45mm, White background, Matt finish, 80% face size.
- Covering letter mentioning the details of the applicant, travel and details of the other members travelling with you.
- Invitation letter/ Exhibition/ Conference confirmation.
- Hotel bookings if done.
- Day to Day tour Itinerary.
- Air PNR Booking/ Air Ticket.
- Salary slips for last 6 months if, employed.
- If Self Employed — Shop Act/ MOA/ Deed.
- Original personal bank statements for last 6 months updated with healthy and sufficient balance.
- Income Tax returns / Form 16 for last 3 years.
How to Submit Your Canada Tourist Visa Application In-Person?This is the step-wise guide for Indian Citizens who want to submit their Canada visa application in-person.
Step-1: First read complete information on Canadian visa requirements on the IRCC website. After carefully reading all the information, download the appropriate application forms and checklist relevant to the purpose of your visit.
Step-2: The forms are available online, fill it out and then take out a print of the filled out application. Make sure to use normal A4 paper in any laser printer to get print of Forms (including the bar-coded sheets) If you don’t have the required documents as mentioned above in above checklist, then you are required to sign the waiver form and attach it with your application form. Failure to provide a complete set of documents and signed waiver may lead to delay in your application as well as severe consequences.
Step-3: Fill out the VFS Consent form and attach it to their application form.
Step-4: Pay visa fees online as per the Canadian Visa Official website.
Step-5: Visit the local visa application centre, make sure you carry all the documents such as photographs, completed forms and all supporting documents as per checklist and IRCC fee instrument and payment instructions.
Step-6: Once you successfully submit your visa application centre, pay the service charges and get the receipt. This receipt contains your tracking number, which will help you to track your application online.
How to write a cover letter for the Canada visitor visa?How do you write a cover letter for Canada visitor visa? Don’t worry, we will provide tips on how to write a focused cover letter.
- The subject line should be precise and concise also easy to understand.
- Unlike every letter, the cover letter is bit different and plays a crucial role in getting Canada visa. It may seem to be an easy task. But, writing poor cover letter leads to visa refusal anyway.
- When you are writing a cover letter make sure, you refer some other cover letter samples those are already approved.
- When you begin your writing, the format of writing should be in the first person and avoid bragging about yourself.
- Be honest and clearly mention your purpose of travel to Canada.
How can we help you to apply for tourist visa for CanadaIf you are still unsure about visa process and seeking advice on visa assistance, do not hesitate to call us on 020 4902 7000 or write us at email@example.com. Our visa consultants are always there to help you with your visa application. Also, let us know if this article is helpful by commenting down below.
Also Read: How To Get Bahrain Tourist Visa