Dubai Shopping Festival 2018 - Must Buy in Dubai ?
Whenever you think of Dubai the very next thing that strikes your mind is SHOPPING. Its seems Dubai now has become the synonym for Shopping, as the ITR world tax has made it tax-free for all local and foreign shoppers and bargain hunters.
The place is an amalgamation of hi-tech modern lifestyle with ancient Arabian culture. This country has everything for its visitor, from adventurous activities like hot air balloon, skydiving to rich luxury lifestyle, desert safari, giant shopping malls and its eye-catching huge modern architecture.Dubai has raised itself at the top of the list in most visited destination across the world. If you are planning to visit during December and January then Dubai shopping festival can be the best experience for you.
DSF is a significant factor promoting tourism in Dubai, tourists all across the world. Consistently about 4 million guests visit the Dubai during Dubai shopping festival held every year during January. It offers almost everything - you name it and you get it!
In this blog, we are providing you complete information about what to buy in Dubai and from where? Which you must check before you plan your Dubai holidays.
What to BUY in Dubai -
Try not to leave Dubai before you shop these, Here are some top things that you must buy
1. Apparels/Clothing – Love to adorn yourself in designer outfits, DSF is the perfect place for you to shop. Right from casual wears- jeans to hot party dresses, here you can shop for all kind of dresses with almost all exclusive brands, perhaps some names that you might not have heard of - BOGGI, Christian, Jack & Jones, Verri, Rodeo Drive, Armani, Billionaire, Bebe, Burberry almost every brand and style you want in your wardrobe.
2. Gold Jewelry – Trends come and go, however jewellery, always remain a status symbol for every woman on this planet. Dubai is well known for its gold jewellery - the design, purity and the most important the price make everyone to buy no less than one, Shopping from Gold Souq Deira will surely meet your all needs.
3. Perfumes and Cosmetics – Buy a huge collection of perfumes and cosmetics from the various elite brands - Bvlgari, De Beers, Chanel, Burberry, are available and the amazing thing is it’s all duty-free.
4. Watches – Go crazy over diamond-studded watches, well Dubai shopping Fest definitely bound you to buy one for you from your favourite collection - Cartier, Rado, ICW, Michael Kors, Burberry – as they are available at heavy discount and offers.
5. Leather Bags and Jackets – Dubai, the country is famous for its top-notch quality leather. Buy some of the best designer, innovative and classy leather handbags and jackets from Sharief, Jashanmal, Condotti, Burberry, or Prada.
6. Home Decor – Decorate your sweet homes with world-class colourful Arabic style carpets. Available at 50% to 70% heavy discounts during Dubai Shopping festival.
7. Gadgets & Electronics – Dubai is a tax-free nation and is the right place for gadget freaks. Apple, Bose, Vertu, Cross Gold, Acer, Fujitsu, Sony – are some of the best brands that you can choose to buy their latest products that are available at the pocket-friendly price.
From where to SHOP in Dubai-Dubai Shopping Festival is a wide festival celebrated all across Dubai (United Arab Emirates) hence you can do your shopping from multiple locations. Some of the best places is mention here
Souqs mean market, Shopping from Dubai’s souqs is super fun. There are various categories of Souqs in Dubai like -The souqs in Deira which include the Spice Souq (where huge varieties of spices are available that will for sure give you the zaayka and flavours of Arab) The Gold Souq, Deira Covered Souq (full of contemporary and modern design gold jewellery) The Perfume Souq (really just a cluster of perfume shops near the Gold Souq) The souqs remain open from 10 AM to 10 PM while remain shuts at afternoon from 1 to 4 PM.
Dubai is famous for its malls, and can be called as city of malls if you are a fashionista and shopping freak, you must visit these “Big Malls”- city shopping mall Deira City Centre (one of Dubai’s biggest malls); BurJuman (an elegant mall in Bur Dubai has large selection of fashion and electronics stores.); Mall of the Emirates (includes a Fashion Dome ) Ibn Battuta (five themed malls within a mall, decorated according to the countries the great Arab traveller Ibn Battuta visited) Global Village ( world's largest tourism, leisure, shopping and entertainment place, rich in regional cultural things) For shopping at the malls, the best time to visit them is between 10:00 AM - 10 PM the malls remain closed on Fridays till 2 PM for Namaz.
Alongside Shopping, Dubai has many enjoyable activities that will lock you in its fun -
Desert Safari if you are adventure enthusiasts, Dubai has a huge deserts platform for you, enjoy desert Safari - hitting the hot desert sand in SUV is altogether a different experience some other sand activities are sandboarding, quad biking and camel desert safaris. Skydiving, Water Amusement Park, F1 Drive, Desert Camping, and many more activities that will make your trip memorable.
Dhow Dinner Cruise is also one of the very different experience, You go through the magical Dubai creek and experience the warm welcome in Arabic style. Enjoy your fullest and do not forget to capture these moments in your camera. The Dubai Shopping Festival (DSF) is the most happening event where you can avail unbelievable discounts. It starts from 26th December 2017 to 27th January 2018. So if you are planning on DSF this year, the first thing you should do is apply for your Dubai E-Visa online, by filling simple application form and submitting required documents such as-
Color Copy Of First And Last Page Of Passport,
No Objection Letter
Third Country Valid Visa
Third Country Air Ticket
So, all shopping freaks take your roaming hearts to Dubai and come back with memories of a lifetime!
Also Read: Dubai Visa And Travel Guide
By bhawana pal| 7 Dec, 2017.