Italy Student Visa Checklist
Are you considering studying abroad and want to apply to a university in Italy? Well, complimenti! The Italian universities are among the most prestigious in the world, and you will not only enjoy excellent teaching, but you will also have the opportunity to experience the famous cuisine, the magnificent architecture and so many attractions that will leave you breathless.
An Indian student who wants to study in Italy will have to obtain the student visa for Italy.
If a student chooses a course or program that does not have a duration beyond 90 days, then he or she will require a Schengen visa or a short-stay visa. However, if the student chooses a course or program that lasts more than 90 days, he will have to obtain a long-term student visa.
Decide On A University To Request And Obtain Your Acceptance Letter For Getting Italy Student Visa:
If you are still not sure where you want to study in Italy, then first decide and confirm your university/institute before you can begin your student visa application process. After being accepted into an Italian university, you will receive a letter of acceptance required for the visa application.
Eligibility Criteria For The Student Visa Of Italy:
To enrol in a bachelor's degree or equivalent program, the student must have a high school qualification. Universities and higher education institutions are designated as the competent bodies for the recognition of cycles and periods of study abroad.
- These procedures are carried out directly by Higher Education Institutions (Universities or AFAM).
- Registration Procedure For University Enrollment:
- To meet the entry requirements for enrollment in the Italian university, you must be at least 17 years of age and have completed 12 years of schooling.
- Students who wish to enrol in Italian universities need to go through an online registration procedure at each university.
- Once the enrollment is complete, each student will receive an identification number that must pay the taxes of the university and register for the exams.
- Once you have selected your Italian degree program, check if you require an admission test. Entrance to the degree programs may be restricted or open or may be subject to a motivation test or entrance exam.
- The calendar of exams can be found on the websites of the universities.
A national entrance test is required to attend the following university programs:
- Medicine and Surgery
- Veterinary Medicine
- Healthcare professions
- Educational sciences
Italy Student Visa Requirements & Documents Required:
- Original passport
- Visa photographs
- Original and attested photocopy of the acceptance letter by the Italian School or Institution, indicating the duration of the course.
- "Dichiarazione di Valore" (Statement of value)
- Original education certificates -
- Proof of support means in Italy of no less than 5750 euros for one year or 442.30 euros for each month of the academic year in cash or travelers checks or international credit/debit card
- card with limits and bank statements for the last six months.
- Proper proof of boarding and evidence of accommodation
- Travel insurance abroad
- Original scholarship test: When the amount of the scholarship does not meet the minimum requirement of (5750 euros for one year or 442.30 euros for each month of the academic year).
- The difference must be presented in cash or travelers checks or credit card with limits and bank statement.
According to the new developments in the Schengen visa procedure, all applicants must submit to a personal and biometric presentation by appointment.
Before applying for a visa, you must obtain something previously agreed upon:
All the educational certificates must be attested by the State Department and the MEA Apostille. (Before document certification, check with your institutions/universities if they require it or not).
Send the original certificate and another certificate for verification and also translate into Italian.
Obtain certification of DOV Dichiarazione di Valore "(Value statement).
For the DSV certification, the following documents are required:
- Original Graded Certificate Apostilled.
- Letter of acceptance from the university.
- Translation of certificates (certified Italian translator).
You should remember the following Do's not Don’ts when applying for a student visa in Italy.
- Apply for a student visa shortly after you receive the official acceptance letter from your host Italian university
- Fill out your application form carefully with all the precise details
- Bring original copies and photocopies of all supporting documents when you come to send your visa application form at the Italian Embassy or Consulate
- Do not submit false documents for your student visa
- Do not hide or misrepresent the facts in your application