What is Schengen Visa?
Schengen Visa Meaning -
A Schengen Visa is a document that is issued for the purpose of visiting or traveling to and within the Schengen region.
Types of Schengen Visa -
There are numerous types of Schengen visa, which are mentioned below:
LTV - Limited territorial validity visas -
It permits you to travel only in the Schengen State; in some conditions, an individual can travel only in a few countries which are mentioned when applying for the visa. If it is not specified earlier that the visa is not applicable in any other country.
USV - Uniform Schengen Visas -
The Uniform Schengen Visas allows a person to stay at one of the Schengen Area Member Countries or resides in the desired territory for a certain period of time. This time period is maximum 90 days after every six months, this period starts right from the date of entry. As concern to the traveling purpose, this type of visa is normally applied in two categories i.e. A and C.
National Visas -
It is permitted to the people either who require to reside in the Schengen country for a certain period of time or for a sole purpose after which they shall return to their nation. The D category national visa is provided to those people who are working, studying or permanently residing in one of the Schengen countries.
Additionally, there are other types of Schengen Visa that depends on the purposes of travel, which are mentioned below:
- Tourism : It is considered one of the popular reason for traveling to wonderful places like the Schengen Zone. If you are planning to visit any of the countries in this region for vacations, you should select the purpose of traveling in the application form.
- Business : There are numerous people who travel for business purposes in the Schengen countries. An individual gets numerous benefits for applying this type of visa such as being able to get a quicker appointment during the peak season of visa applications when there is a high number of people applying.
- Cultural: In this type of visa the purposes of the traveler is to participate in the cultural event of the country. It is necessary that the applicant must be part of the event such as a writer presenting their book at a book fair, a performer at a concert, etc. and not the only audience.
- Visiting Family or Friends : Those people who have family members or friends legally residing in the Schengen area can apply for this visa if they wish to visit them. There are some special requirements for this visa that the applicant must fulfill in order for the application to be successful, like, i.e. a letter of invitation.
- Other : In case, you don’t find any option for the purpose of visiting on the form, there is another option for you, i.e. ‘other’. Though there is no option available to make a tick, you have the chance to do so in just one sentence as it is mandatory to mention the purpose of visiting.
Schengen Visa Fee -
Schengen Visa Fee is a non-refundable mandatory visa fee which is essential for each and every applicant to pay. This cost depends on the age of the applicant and the type of visa.
The regular fee (in Euro) :
Long stay visa, more than 90 days – 99.00 EUR
Short stay visa, less than 90 days – 60.00 EUR
Airport transit visa – 60.00 EUR
Documents Required For A Schengen Visa -
There are numerous Schengen visa documents which are essential for an individual to acquire, these Schengen visa documents are mentioned below :
- Travel insurance policy: A document that proves you have got travel health insurance for the entire Schengen territory, with a minimum coverage of thirty,000 euros just in case of any medical emergency as sicknesses, accidents and even coming back home just in case of death.
- Round trip reservation or itinerary: It should involve dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from the Schengen region. you'll be able to use the visa consultation services like this one. These guys will handle most of your visa necessities like flight itineraries, reservations of the hotel with a free consultation over email.
- Visa application form: Whole completed and signed.
- A valid passport: Not older than ten years and it must be valid for a minimum of 3 additional months further on the date you intend to travel Schengen region. Older passports with visas on them (if you have got any).
- Two recently taken photos should be attached: The photos should be taken in the last 3 months, as per the visa photograph needs.
- Bank account statement: It shows you have got enough cash in your account for the trip. The statement shall be no older than three months.
- Accommodation Proof: A document that shows the place of your accommodation throughout your visit to Schengen. It includes various things like a rental agreement, a hotel/hostel booking and an invitation letter from that person at whose house you are going to stay.
- Monetary Proof: It is proof which states that you simply have enough cash to support yourself financially throughout your journey within the Schengen. It includes the following things:
- Sponsorship letter by another individual who confirms they'll be financially supporting your trip to the Schengen. To make for this letter to be valid, it should be in the course of a financial statement of the sponsor, not after than 3 months.
- A combination of your bank's account statement and a sponsorship letter.
- Proof of paid visa fee. EUR 60 for adults and EUR 35 for kids from the age of six to twelve years.
If you are also looking to have a Schengen visa from India, and you are in a dilemma of how to apply for a Schengen visa from India, it is advisable that you must scrutinize the internet facility as there are numerous marvelous organizations that are available on the internet and offer stunning services in an effective and efficient manner.
By admin| 27 Oct, 2018.