Indian applicants who wish to apply for a visa can find all information for types of visa and supporting documents. Get details about available visa types, documents requirement for the application, visa fees, visa form, visa centre and general guidelines for Indian citizen who wish to travel Belgium with employment visa.
For citizens of India, Living in India
· When applying for a visa, you need to present the following documents at the embassy or consulate responsible for your place of residence:
All documents have to be produced in 1 original and 1 copy.
Submitting false documents may be followed by legal action.
All official documents must be recent i.e. not older than 6 months, attested by local, competent authorities and then legalized by The Ministry for External Affairs, Consular Division, Patiala House, New Delhi (more details). In case the original certificates are in any of the local languages, then an official translation in English must be attached which must also be duly attested and legalized by Indian Authorities.
· The Applicant should have a passport valid for at least 3 months after the expiry date of your visa. Passports valid for more than 10 years will not be accepted as the main required travel document. It is mandatory to have two blank pages opposite to each other.
· Photocopy of the valid passport (first and last page) is required. If there are any valid visa for USA/UK/Canada/Australia and any Schengen visa (issued in last three years), if the visa is in old/cancelled passport than photocopy of those pages are also required.
· Handwritten passports and Passports with manual entry or observations concerning the data pages will not be accepted by the Embassy.
· Four photographs of size 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm against a white background with 70-80 % face coverage, the photo needs to be printed on high-quality paper with at least 600 dpi resolution. It should be glued to the form and not stapled; one additional photograph has to be attached to the application form with a paper clip.
· Two application forms, signed and dated by the applicant.
· Your original work permit/training permit obtained by the Belgium-based employer, or his representative, from the regional employment service which covers the employer&rsquo;s place of business (VDAB, FOREM or ORBEM). If the applicant is exempt from the work permit/training permit the relevant certificate should be provided. Researchers at a Belgian university are advised to take up this matter with their tutor beforehand.
· A Police Clearance Certificate for the past 1 year. This document is valid only 6 months from the date of issue. In case you resided in a foreign country during the past 1 year, you should moreover submit a Police Clearance Certificate issued by the relevant authorities of that foreign country .
· Depending on circumstances, complementary documents, such an invitation letter from the Belgian company or a dispatch letter from the company in India providing additional information about the goal of the trip, may be demanded.
· The submission and collection of your visa application and passport from VFS can be done either by the applicant himself/herself or through any authorized person who bears an original authorization letter signed by the applicant and a photo-ID.
The Embassy of Belgium, New Delhi has implemented a change in arrangement for the collection of passport(s) from VFS Global Visa Application Centre. With effect from 27th January 2015, third party collection of the documents or passports will not be permitted, except in the following cases:-
· Immediate Family Member (that is Parents, Children, Spouse);
· One member of a group collecting for the entire group;
· A person collecting on behalf of Government officials if authorized on the Government letter head or department;
If any of the above comes for passport collection they need to carry the following documents:
· Original Government ID card;
· Original ICR;
· Original authorization letter from applicant;
It is also mandatory to mention applicant's personal address. Applicant's passport will not be couriered to their travel agencies addresses as directed by the Embassy.
For Legalizations courier is not mandatory. For application withdrawal cases, the passport needs to be collected from VFS only.
Visa Fee Subject to Change.
Although the information on this website has been prepared with utmost care. However, regulations and requirements are subject to change.
Embassy/Consulate reserves the right to ask for additional documents or personal appearance for an interview in special cases. Submission of the above-mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted. Submission of incomplete documentation or refusal to appear for a special visa interview may result in the rejection of your application.