Indian applicants who wish to apply for a visa can find all information for types of visa and supporting documents. Get details about available visa types, documents requirement for the application, visa fees, visa form, visa centre and general guidelines for Indian citizen who wish to travel Brazil with employment visa.
For citizens of India, Living in India
With effect from 27th Jan 2015, the visa section at the Embassy of Brazil will only accept applications for which documents have already been scanned into the system at the time of filling in the visa application form online. The basic documents that need to be scanned are:-
· Covering letter detailing the purpose of travel and tentative outcome of the trip.
· Invitation letter if applicable.
· Passport (bio-data page and the page containing parents name and address).
· Any other document as deemed necessary by the applicant.
Any visa application not complying with the above will be returned at the counter itself.
Please note that the Embassy does not give information on visa status. You can check the status of your visa on-linehttps://scedv.serpro.gov.br/frscedv/consultarVisto.do?lang=eng
Short-term work visa (up to 90 days):- Work visa applications regarding foreign nationals who intend to enter Brazil, for a maximum period of ninety (90) days, to provide technical assistance services, according to a contract or agreement signed between a foreign and a Brazilian company,will from now on be processed directly by Brazilian Consular offices, without the need for prior authorization from the Brazilian Ministry of Labour and Employment. This new procedure was established by the Brazilian National Immigration Council, by means of Normative Resolution 100/2013, of 24 April 2013. It is intended to facilitate the entry of skilled labour in Brazil and enters into force immediately.
How can I apply for Type-V Visa, under RN 100/2013?
· The applicant must fill in the online application form available at https://scedv.serpro.gov.br/frscedv/index.jspand submit it.
· On submission of the online form the applicant has to Print the Online Confirmation Page (RER).
· On the Online Confirmation Page (RER) the applicant must glue a self photograph (not older than 6 months with a clear white background, size 3x4 cms), sign in the space provided and submit it to the Visa section at the Embassy of Brazil New Delhi along with other documents listed.
Where do I submit the Online Confirmation Page (RER)?
· The online confirmation page must be submitted to the visa section of the Embassy of Brazil (8 Aurangzeb Road, New Delhi - 110011). Once you submit your Online Confirmation Page(RER), then you cannot change the location.
What are the timings of the Visa section for submission and collection of documents/passports etc.?
· The documents must be submitted to the Visa section between 9.30 am to 11.00 am, Monday to Friday excluding holidays.
Is the printing of the online Confirmation Page (RER) enough to register my request for the visa?
· No. The process will start only after the Online Confirmation Page(RER), Documents and Visa Fees are submitted either personally or through a third party at the Visa section of the Embassy of Brazil, New Delhi.
What documents must accompany the Online Confirmation Page (RER)?
· Online Confirmation Page (RER).
· Invitation Letter from the Brazilian Company mentioning the details of the trip/technical assistance etc.
· The CNPJ Number of the Brazilian Company.
· Passport valid for at least 6 months.
· Coloured photo with white background. Dimensions (3x4 cm).
· Visa Fees Rs. 8,000/- if documents are submitted personally. (Indian Nationals).
· Please submit the Bank Draft alongside with your application form.
What should the Invitation Letter from Brazil contain?
· Proof that the Brazilian company exists;
· Details of technical assistance/activities to be carried out in Brazil;
· Remuneration details;
· Complete name of the applicant, nationality and passport number;
· Duration of stay in Brazil;
· Details of the applicants Professional Qualifications;
· Other information regarding contract for technical assistance between the Brazilian company and the Foreign company, Name of the company, CNPJ Number, address, telephone and email.
Who can sign the invitation letter?
· The invitation letter should be signed by the Brazilian Manager or Director of the Company with powers to recruit or dismiss the staff.
Is it necessary to legalize the invitation letter by a Brazilian Notary Public?
· It is not a must. But it is recommended. In case of doubt and to certify the authenticity of the invitation letter, the Brazilian authority can demand for the legalization of the invitation letter by the Brazilian Notary Public.
Can the invitation-letter be sent by email?
· Yes. However, the applicant should have with him the original invitation letter.
· Applicants are advised to obtain the international vaccination certificates that are required when returning to their country of origin, such as yellow fever. Yellow fever certificate is mandatory for travelling and not for visa processing. A Yellow fever vaccination certificate is valid for 10 years, beginning 10 days after vaccination. Vaccination shot to be taken accordingly.
How to prove the CNPJ Number? Is it sufficient to have the CNPJ Number on the letter?
· Yes. It is recommended that the company proves its CNPJ Number by submitting the print out taken from the website 'Receita Federal do Brasil'.
Can other documents be demanded?
· Yes. The Brazilian Consular authority can request for additional documents to analyse the case.
How long does it take to process the Type V visa under RN 100/2013?
· Around seven working days.
The visa can be granted only once in 180 days. What does this mean?
· It means that there is a restriction regarding concession of the second visa. The applicant can apply for the second visa only after 180 days, counted from the date of issue of the first visa.
And if the visa is not used? Can I request for Type V visa (RN100/2013) before 180 days?
· If the first Type V visa has not been used, then you can apply for a fresh Type V visa. But the previous visa will be cancelled.
How many days does the applicant have to enter Brazil after issue of visa?
· 90 Days.
How is the period of stay counted?
· From the date the applicant enters in Brazil. The counting doesn't stop when the applicant leaves Brazil.
If the applicant received Type V visa, valid for 90, under RN61/2004, does he have to wait for 180 days to apply for Type V visa under RN 100/2013?
· There are no restrictions. The only restriction is that the second visa under RN 100/2013 can be issued only after 180 days.Bef
Visa Fee Subject to Change.
Although the information on this website has been prepared with utmost care. However, regulations and requirements are subject to change.
Embassy/Consulate reserves the right to ask for additional documents or personal appearance for an interview in special cases. Submission of the above-mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted. Submission of incomplete documentation or refusal to appear for a special visa interview may result in the rejection of your application.