Indian applicants who wish to apply for a visa can find all information for types of visa and supporting documents. Get details about available visa types, documents requirement for the application, visa fees, visa form, visa centre and general guidelines for Indian citizen who wish to travel China with employment visa.
For citizens of India, Living in India
· All media/press related applicants visiting China for business/leisure purpose has to be approved by the Chinese embassy first. Embassy can ask for additional document on case to case basis or can ask the applicant to come in person.
· Original passport with at least six months of remaining validity, at least 2 blank visa pages. Photocopy of Passport's front data page, last page and earlier traveled China Visa Copies. For multiple-visa application, the remaining validity of the passport must cover the validity of visa and the duration of stay. For example, if applying for a visa with 6 months validity, multiple entries, and 30 days of each stay, the remaining validity of the passport should be at least 7 months.
· One completed Visa Application Form. There are two ways to prepare your application form. You may complete an Online Application Form from the link given as:- http://www.visaforchina.org/SGP_EN/System/258214.shtml , print it out and sign it; or, you can download the application form from our website and fill it out manually and sign it. The Visa Application Form shall be signed by the applicant. In case the applicant is a person without or with limited capacity for civil conduct, the application form should be signed by his / her guardian on his / her behalf. If the form is filled out by entrusted travel / visa agent, both the applicant's signature and the stamp of the agent are required
· One recent colored passport size photo (48 x 33 mm) (bare-head, full face) against a light background.
· Typed formal Covering Letter on Company's/ Institute's Original Letter Head if applicable, Addressed to the Chinese Embassy New Delhi with Company Profile, Name, Passport Number, purpose of Travel of Travel Plan of applicant, authorized signatory's Signature, name and designation and other relevant information.
· Proof of legal stay or residence status (applicable to those who are not of Indian citizenship). The applicant from a third country should provide valid Indian visa or valid Residence Permit in India and its copy. In case the applicant from a third country staying in India with a short-term visa, a note verbal (with details as follows: applicant's name, passport number, occupation, purpose to go to China, duration of stay in China) by the Embassy or Consulate-General of his / her own country is required.
· Child of Chinese descent born either in China or in India applies for a Chinese visa for the first time, the Birth Certificate with his / her parents' names on, the original certificate for renunciation of Chinese nationality and its copy, and the statement written by his / her parents or guardian are required.
· Ordinary passport holders are required to submit applications to the Chinese Visa Application Service Centre (CVASC) where CVASC is available.
· Photo copy of applicant's professional and educational qualification certificate.
· Different types of visas will be issued according to applicants' identities, purposes and activities. The applicant should not engage in activities not conform to the type of visa he / she is holding in China. Application should be made in line with the purpose of activity in China. Otherwise, the applicant should take full consequences.
· One of the following documents:-
o Foreigners Employment Permit of the People's Republic of China issued by Chinese government authorities for Human Resources and Social Security, as well as Invitation Letter of Duly Authorized Entity or Confirmation Letter of Invitation issued by relevant Chinese entities.
o Permit for Foreign Experts Working in China issued by the State Bureau of Foreign Experts as well as Invitation Letter of Duly Authorized Entity or Confirmation Letter of Invitation issued by relevant Chinese entities.
o Registration Certificate of Resident Representative Offices of enterprises of foreign countries(regions) issued by Chinese authorities of industrial and commercial administration, as well as Invitation Letter of Duly Authorized Entity or Confirmation Letter of Invitation issued by relevant Chinese entities as well as Invitation Letter of Duly Authorized Entity or Confirmation Letter of Invitation issued by relevant Chinese entities.
o An approval document for commercial performances issued by the Chinese government authorities for cultural affairs or Invitation Letter of Duly Authorized Entity or Confirmation Letter of Invitation issued by relevant Foreign Affairs Office of provincial governments of China.
o Letter of Invitation to Foreigners for Offshore Petroleum Operations in China issued by China National Offshore Oil Corporation;
· Holders of Z-Visa must apply for a residence permit from the immigration department of the local public security authority in the place intended to stay within 30 days of entry to China.
· The invitation letter may be in the form of fax, photocopy or computer printout, but the consular officer may require the applicant to submit the original of the invitation letter.
· Inviter's Company introduction letter on the letter head of the chinese company conataining brief profile of company and mentioning number of foreigner and chinese employees with company's official stamp and authorized signatory's signature.
· If necessary, the consular officer may require the applicant to provide other documents or supplementary materials, or require an interview with the applicant.
· Third country Nationals also need to submit;
o Letter from the Embassy in India with the reason why the applicant applying from India, What is occupation, who the applicant is (Identity), belongs to which place.
o Photocopy of Passport's data pages and Valid Indian Visa with minimum 6 Month validity.
o Original and Photocopy of Residence Permit, if applicable.
· Original and photocopy of Physical Examination Record for Foreigner issued by doctors from any Indian government hospital completely filled. OR From Chinese Government hospital . The photo on the Record should also be stamped by the hospital and signed by the authorized doctor. (This will remain valid for 3 months from issued date).
· The consular officer will decide on whether or not to issue the visa and on its validity, duration of stay and number of entries in light of specific conditions of the applicant.
· Visa fees and Service fee has to be paid when collecting the passport from VFS Center.
Visa Fee Subject to Change.
Although the information on this website has been prepared with utmost care. However, regulations and requirements are subject to change.
Embassy/Consulate reserves the right to ask for additional documents or personal appearance for an interview in special cases. Submission of the above-mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted. Submission of incomplete documentation or refusal to appear for a special visa interview may result in the rejection of your application.