Indian applicants who wish to apply for a visa can find all information for types of visa and supporting documents. Get details about available visa types, documents requirement for the application, visa fees, visa form, visa centre and general guidelines for Indian citizen who wish to travel France with employment visa.
For citizens of India, Living in India
Note: For the visa application submission Applicant / Agent needs to take appointment through VFS site http://www.vfs-france.co.in/scheduleanappointment.html .
An application for an Employment Contract needs to be made by the Employer in France at the Office Des Migrations Internationals (Omi - Office of Population Migration). This organization is represented in each French Department. It will examine the Application and get in touch directly with the French Embassy/ Consulate under which the Applicant is covered. The Embassy/ Consulate in turn will summon the Applicant for issuing the Visa.
· The passport should be valid for at least three months beyond the intended duration of stay in the Schengen territory. One photocopy of the first and last page of the passport and photocopies of valid visa are required. Passports valid for more than 10 years will not be accepted as the main required travel document. It is mandatory to have two blank pages opposite to each other.
· Handwritten passports and Passports with manual entry or observations concerning the data pages will not be accepted by the Embassy.
· One visa form (photocopy allowed).
· Two recent passport size photographs (35 x 45 mm) with white / light background, 70-80% face coverage, photographs taken with a digital camera must be high quality colour and printed on photo quality paper. Photograph should not have any stapler or pin marks disfiguring the face or background and must be pasted on the form.
· All Applicants should mention their mobile numbers on the visa application form. Travel Agents authorized by the Embassy of France must mention the Applicant's and not their own Mobile or travel agency numbers on the form.
· Covering Letter from the Applicant on the Company's Letterhead stating his name, designation, purpose and duration of visit.
· Original Employment Contract to be arranged by the concerned French Company.
· Profile of the Company.
· Bank statements for the last 3 months.
· The submission and collection of your visa application and passport from VFS can be done either by the applicant himself/herself or through any authorized person who bears an original authorization letter signed by the applicant and a photo-ID.
The Embassy of France, New Delhi has implemented a change in arrangements for the collection of processed passport from visa application centres. With effect from 8th December 2014, it will no longer be possible for third parties to collect the documents on behalf of an applicant, except in the following cases:
· Immediate family member (Parent, Child or sibling);
· One member of a group collecting for the entire group;
· A person collecting on behalf of Govt. officials if authorized on the Govt. letter head or department;
· Representative of a company - Authorization letter on the letter head of the company and the official ID card of the representative.
Visa Fee Subject to Change.
Although the information on this website has been prepared with utmost care. However, regulations and requirements are subject to change.
Embassy/Consulate reserves the right to ask for additional documents or personal appearance for an interview in special cases. Submission of the above-mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted. Submission of incomplete documentation or refusal to appear for a special visa interview may result in the rejection of your application.