Indian applicants who wish to apply for a visa can find all information for types of visa and supporting documents. Get details about available visa types, documents requirement for the application, visa fees, visa form, visa centre and general guidelines for Indian citizen who wish to travel Greece with employment visa.
For citizens of India, Living in India
This category of visa is issued for the provision of dependent employment or for the provision of services or work in Greece. Before applying you should confirm that the Approval concerning your case has been issued by the competent Prefecture in Greece and that it has been received officially by the Embassy.
· Application Form to be filled in completely and signed by the applicant.
· One recent passport size colored photograph (35 x 45 mm) with white background, 70-80% face coverage, Photograph taken with a digital camera must be high quality colour and printed on photo-quality paper. Photograph should not be more than 6 months old.
· The Passport should be valid for atleast three months after the intended date of departure from the territory of the Member States or, in case of several visits, after the last intended date of departure from the territory of the Member States. Passports valid for more than 10 years will not be accepted as the main required travel document. It is mandatory to have two blank pages opposite to each other.
· Handwritten passports and Passports with manual entry or observations concerning the data pages will not be accepted by the Embassy.
· Work permit from Greece.
· Original Personal Bank statements for last six months. Internet Bank Statement will not be accepted,only Bank Statement with name of the bank, branch address, contact number, applicant name, address, account number will be accepted.
· Employment contract authorized by a Greek Public Authority.
· Overseas medical insurance valid for all Schengen-countries with a minimum coverage of 30,000 Euro. The insurance has to cover all risk e.g. accident, illness, etc. The policy has to clearly specify the period of validity and has to cover the date of arrival and departure has to be submitted in original. Applicant also has to sign the Health Policy declaration which can be downloaded from the website. Approved list of Indian Travel Insurance Companies providing Travel Medical Insurance for Schengen Visa:
· Medical Certificate duly attested by Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi with an Apostile Sticker. In the medical certificate it should be mentioned that the applicant is not suffering from cholera, tuberculosis, yellow fever, plague and any other transmitting disease as defined by the World Health Organization and is not pregnant. The certificate should not be older than six (06) months.
· Police clearance certificate attested by the ministry of external affairs, Consular division, Patiala house, New Delhi with an Apostile Sticker.
· Previous passport may also be required by the Embassy.
· The submission and collection of your visa application and passport from VFS can be done either by the applicant himself/herself or through any authorized person who bears an original authorization letter signed by the applicant and a photo-ID.
Visa Fee Subject to Change.
Although the information on this website has been prepared with utmost care. However, regulations and requirements are subject to change.
Embassy/Consulate reserves the right to ask for additional documents or personal appearance for an interview in special cases. Submission of the above-mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted. Submission of incomplete documentation or refusal to appear for a special visa interview may result in the rejection of your application.