Indian applicants who wish to apply for a visa can find all information for types of visa and supporting documents. Get details about available visa types, documents requirement for the application, visa fees, visa form, visa centre and general guidelines for Indian citizen who wish to travel Hungary with employment visa.
For citizens of India, Living in India
Please note Applicant needs to give an authority letter on Rs.10/- or above amount stamp paper, authorizing his agent to submit and collect the passport on his behalf. This authorization must be notarized. This is a mandatory requirement now. The agent should carry his photo-ID along with him.
Visa applications will be accepted at VFS Hungary Visa Application Centre with prior appointment only for all visa applicants. The appointment can be scheduled through VFS helpline number 022 67866010 (0800 - 1700 Hours, Monday to Friday except holidays).
· The Applicant should have a passport valid for at least 3 months beyond the intended date of departure from Hungary with atleast two blank pages. Passports valid for more than 10 years will not be accepted as the main required travel document.
· Handwritten or not machine readable passports issued after 01.04.2010, or contain a manual entry (observation) regarding the biographical data page of the passport, will not be accepted.
· One visa form (photocopy allowed), this form must be typed and signed by the Applicants. Please write your e-mail ID in column 17 of your visa application Form. The Embassy of Hungary will write the e-mail for the communication, if required. Those who don't have e-mail address please provide the ID of the travel agents or close relative. Failing to do so will result in the refusal of the visa application.
· Application form that is not dully filled and signed by the Visa applicant will be rejected. Any change on the application form shall be signed by the visa applicant next to the change. Miinors shall submit an application form signed by both parents exercising permanentor temporary parental authority or legal guardianship.
· Two recent passport size colored photographs (35 x 40 mm wide) with white background, 70-80% face coverage. Photograph taken with a digital camera must be high quality colour and printed on photo-quality paper. Photograph should not be more than 6 months old.
· Covering letter from Company.
· Air ticket/ Itinerary with Agency IATA seal on it.
· One long term entry visa form (photocopy allowed).
· Rent agreement of the Applicant in Hungary.
· Bank statement of last six months in original.
· ITR copy of last three years.
· Travel Insurance. Approved list of Indian Travel Insurance Companies providing Travel Medical Insurance for Schengen Visa:-
· Original Salary slip of the last six months from the employer and it should be signed by the authorized signatory and with company stamp/seal on it.
· Original work permit to be arranged by the sponsor in Hungary through the Internal Ministry or Local Police Department. The Ministry will send one copy of work permit to the Embassy in India and one copy to the traveller. Two sets are required.
· Visa application should not be lodged three months before the start of the intended visit.
· All applications are referred to Budapest forand can take 15 to 30 days for the approval.
· An entry visa is issued once clearance is received from the Immigration Department then visa is issued valid up to one year and the period of stay is granted at the time of entry.
With effect from 15 July 2014, Embassy of the Republic of Hungary has implementing a change in arrangements for the collection of passport from visa application centres. Now, it will be no longer possible for third parties to collect the documents on behalf of an applicant, except in the following cases:-
· A parent collecting for a dependent child.
· One member of a family group collecting the passports of the whole family.
Applicants/Representatives who do not wish to collect their documents in person and whose documents cannot be collected by one of the above should select pass back by courier at the time they make their visa application.
Visa Fee Subject to Change.
Although the information on this website has been prepared with utmost care. However, regulations and requirements are subject to change.
Embassy/Consulate reserves the right to ask for additional documents or personal appearance for an interview in special cases. Submission of the above-mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted. Submission of incomplete documentation or refusal to appear for a special visa interview may result in the rejection of your application.