Indian applicants who wish to apply for a visa can find all information for types of visa and supporting documents. Get details about available visa types, documents requirement for the application, visa fees, visa form, visa centre and general guidelines for Indian citizen who wish to travel Japan with employment visa.
For citizens of India, Living in India
This visa allows people to stay in Japan and during which they performs paid work in Japan.
· The Applicant should have a valid passport where the validity should be more than the stay in Japan (with at least 2 blank pages). Please present your old passports as well, if any.
· One visa application form duly completed and signed by the Applicant.
· One photograph taken within the last 6 months. (The photograph should be of size 2 x 2 inches, color with white background).
· A Covering Letter from the Applicant.
· Embassy of Japan confirms that the original bank statement is discretionary from case to case. They will accept photocopy of the statement if the Bank Passbook is submitted with the visa documents. Passbook will then be returned.
o VFS is asking for the Original bank statement of last six months.
o Cox & Kings is accepting photocopy of the Bank Statement with a Bank Stamp.
o Note: To be on the safe side it is better to submit the Original Bank Statement of the last six months with support documents. The choice is with the Applicant as to which Center they are submitting the Application.
o The Embassy of Japan does not accept Visa now.
· Original Certificate of Eligibility and one copy is required. It has to be obtained from the Ministry of Justice in Japan by the sponsor.
· Experience Certificate.
· Curriculum Vita (CV) (including all educational history to the highest, name, address and telephone number of institutions / professional record indicating names of companies or departments, address, telephone numbers, duration, position, and work details).
· Educational Documents (copy of certificates and mark sheets).
· Visa is valid for 90 days with a maximum stay of 90 days.
Note: The above is a guide to the documents you should provide with your visa application. Japan Embassy may request you for an interview / additional documentation depending on your personal circumstances.
Processing time is 3 working days.
There is a service charge of 650 INR (inclusive of service tax 14.5% and education cess) levied per application over and above the visa fees.
Visa Fee Subject to Change.
Although the information on this website has been prepared with utmost care. However, regulations and requirements are subject to change.
Embassy/Consulate reserves the right to ask for additional documents or personal appearance for an interview in special cases. Submission of the above-mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted. Submission of incomplete documentation or refusal to appear for a special visa interview may result in the rejection of your application.