Indian applicants who wish to apply for a visa can find all information for types of visa and supporting documents. Get details about available visa types, documents requirement for the application, visa fees, visa form, visa centre and general guidelines for Indian citizen who wish to travel Libya with employment visa.
For citizens of India, Living in India
· The Applicant should have a passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of application for the visa.
· Photocopy of the passport (first and last page).
· Two visa forms (photocopy not allowed).
· Two passport-size photographs with blue background.
· Covering Letter from the applicant on company letterhead stating the purpose and duration of stay.
· Invitation Letter from associates in Libya.
· Confirming visa approval from the Immigration Department in Tripoli, faxed directly to the Embassy, giving name of the Applicant along with passport details.
· Visa cable number from the immigration in Libya. This should be arranged by the local sponsor in Libya.
· This visa approval has to be arranged by the business associates in Libya.
· A medical certificate, of physical fitness, confirming that the Applicant is not suffering from AIDS or cholera is also required with its Arabic translation.
· Medical certificate should be issued by authorized medical centres. The addresses are mentioned below. The charges are INR 3000/- (approx).
o Sanghi Medical Centre Pvt. Ltd S-51, Greater Kailash-I, New Delhi-110048,Ph: 011-2923 2010, 2923 4400.
o New Delhi Medical Centre 1st Floor, Hemkunt House, 6, Rajendra Place, New Delhi-110 008, Ph: 011-4502 4848.
o Gulf Medical Centre 309, 3rd Floor, Hemkunt Tower- 6, Near Rajinder Place Metro Station, Rajendra Place, New Delhi-110008, Ph: 011-2575 5533, 4533 5500.
· The employer has to contact the Immigration department in Tripoli with the passport details of the Applicant.
· As per the Emigration Act, 1983, Emigration Check Required (ECR) categories of Indian passport holders, require to obtain "Emigration Clearance" from the office of Protector of Emigrants (POE), Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs for going to Libya. However, the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs (Emigration Policy Division) have allowed ECR passport holders traveling abroad for purposes others than employment to leave the country on production of valid passport, valid visa and return ticket at the immigration counters at international airports in India w.e.f. 1st October 2007. (If the RPO has issued Indian passport either with endorsement of "Emigration Check Required" or no endorsement of "Emigration Check Required" in the passport, POE clearance is required only when there is "Emigration Check Required" endorsement in the passport.)
· POE offices in Indiahttp://boi.gov.in/content/poe-offices-india.
· If approved, the confirmation is telexed directly to the Embassy.
Visa Fee Subject to Change.
Although the information on this website has been prepared with utmost care. However, regulations and requirements are subject to change.
Embassy/Consulate reserves the right to ask for additional documents or personal appearance for an interview in special cases. Submission of the above-mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted. Submission of incomplete documentation or refusal to appear for a special visa interview may result in the rejection of your application.