Indian applicants who wish to apply for a visa can find all information for types of visa and supporting documents. Get details about available visa types, documents requirement for the application, visa fees, visa form, visa centre and general guidelines for Indian citizen who wish to travel Portugal with employment visa.
For citizens of India, Living in India
· One application form duly filled in and signed.
· Applicants are requested to visit http://www.secomunidades.pt/vistos/index.php/formularios to fill out and submit their visa applications online before presenting a signed copy of the same.
· Two recent passport size colored photographs (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm) with white background, close up of your head and top of your shoulders so that your face takes up 70 -80% of the photograph, photographs taken with a digital camera must be high quality colour and printed on photo-quality paper. Photograph should not be more than 6 months old. It should be glued to the form and not stapled.
· Original Passport valid for at least three months longer than the intended stay along with photocopies of the relevant pages (front, back and visas, if any). It is mandatory to have two blank pages opposite to each other. Passports valid for more than 10 years will not be accepted as the main required travel document.
· Handwritten passports and Passports with manual entry or observations concerning the data pages will not be accepted by the Embassy.
· Health Insurance valid for all Schengen countries, covering risks e.g. accident, illness, medical emergency, evacuation and repatriation. The minimum coverage is &euro; 30.000,00 (thirty thousand euros) or its equivalent. Approved list of Indian Travel Insurance Companies providing Travel Medical Insurance for Schengen Visa:
· PCC issued by Regional Passport Office will only be accepted. PCC issued from local police station or any other body will NOT be accepted.
· Proof of sufficient funds to cover expenses while in Portugal is required. They can be:
o Bank statements for the last 3 months.
o Income Tax Returns for the last 3 years.
o Copy of Applicant's Pan Card.
o Salary Slips (if employed).
o Sponsorship Letter from host ("Termo de Responsabilidade") undertaking responsibilities for the boarding, lodging and repatriation, if required.
· Air Ticket Reservation.
o Copy of the work contract duly signed by both parties (employer and employee).
o Declaration issued by the Portuguese Authorities (&bdquo;Instituto de Emprego e Forma&ccedil;&atilde;o Profissional&rsquo;)
· Independent Work:
o Proof of working independently or under contract between two companie
· Documentary proof of professional/educational/technical qualifications.
· Declaration granting SEF (Foreign and Borders Office) permission for consulting criminal record in Portugal (not required for minors below 16 years). Forms are available at VAC.
· First time travelers to Portugal need to schedule an appointment for a personal interview at the Consulate.
· Prior booking of appointment for personal interview is required for first time travelers to Portugal.
· The submission and collection of your visa application and passport from VFS can be done either by the applicant himself/herself or through any authorized person who bears an original authorization letter signed by the applicant and a photo-ID.
Visa Fee Subject to Change.
Although the information on this website has been prepared with utmost care. However, regulations and requirements are subject to change.
Embassy/Consulate reserves the right to ask for additional documents or personal appearance for an interview in special cases. Submission of the above-mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted. Submission of incomplete documentation or refusal to appear for a special visa interview may result in the rejection of your application.