Indian applicants who wish to apply for a visa can find all information for types of visa and supporting documents. Get details about available visa types, documents requirement for the application, visa fees, visa form, visa centre and general guidelines for Indian citizen who wish to travel Sweden with employment visa.
For citizens of India, Living in India
Note: Personal presence is mandatory of the Applicant as Embassy has started biometric system. The submission timings are from 0900 to 1100 hrs on Mon, Thursday & Friday and 1400 to 1600 hrs on Tuesday.
· The applicant shall present a valid travel document (passport) the validity of which extends at least three months beyond the intended date of departure from the territory of the Member States (or, in the case of several visits, after the last intended date of departure from the territory of the Member States). It shall contain at least two blank pages and shall have been issued within the previous 10 years.
· Two Work Permit visa forms duly completed and signed (photocopy not allowed).
· Three recent passport size colour photographs (3.5cm / 4.5cm) with white background, 70-80% face coverage. Photographs taken with a digital camera must be high quality colour and printed on photo-quality paper. Photograph should not be more than 6 months old. It should be glued to the form and not stapled.
· An original work form from the employer in Sweden (AMSPF1704)
· SEK 12.00 and accommodation arranged for the Applicant.
· A Covering Letter from the Employer in India.
· Income Tax returns for last three years.
· Overseas travel medical insurance valid for all Schengen-countries . The insurance has to cover the applicant for at least 30,000 Euros or equivalent, for all risks e.g. accident, illness, medical emergency evacuation etc. The policy has to clearly specify the period of validity and has to cover the entire duration of the trip including the date of arrival and departure. Approved list of Indian Travel Insurance Companies providing Travel Medical Insurance for Schengen Visa:
· Bank statement of the last six months.
· All the documents and the Visa Application form should be in A4 size paper.
· The visa fee should be made by Bank Draft in favour of the "Embassy of Sweden (Visa)".
Please note that as per information received from the Indian Authorities, handwritten and not machine readable passports are no longer issued and manual changes in Indian passports are no longer permitted since 1st April 2010. The Embassy of Sweden thus does not accept:-
· Handwritten or not machine readable Indian passports issued after 01 April 2010;
· Indian passports that contain a manual entry (observation) made after 01 April 2010 where the biographical data (including name place and date of birth and sex) of the passport holder were changed.
All permits are referred to Sweden and can take 4 to 6 weeks or more for approval to come.
Visa Fee Subject to Change.
Although the information on this website has been prepared with utmost care. However, regulations and requirements are subject to change.
Embassy/Consulate reserves the right to ask for additional documents or personal appearance for an interview in special cases. Submission of the above-mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted. Submission of incomplete documentation or refusal to appear for a special visa interview may result in the rejection of your application.