Indian applicants who wish to apply for a visa can find all information for types of visa and supporting documents. Get details about available visa types, documents requirement for the application, visa fees, visa form, visa centre and general guidelines for Indian citizen who wish to travel Finland with employment visa.
For citizens of India, Living in India
Residence permit applications for employment can be submitted electronically. To do this you must register at the Finnish Immigration Service . Applicants who apply electronically are still required to submit the attachments to their applications personally at the Embassy. Your application will be processed more speedily if you use the online form, as electronic documents are quicker to transfer from one authority to another. Paper application forms can take several weeks to transfer.
Note: As per the new rule of the Embassy personal presence will be required now, even if the Applicant has travelled or is holding valid visa for USA, UK, Australia and New Zealand. Personal presence will not be required if the Applicant has travelled earlier to Schengen State if NOT than Personal Presence is mandatory now for all the Applicants.
Please make sure that Air Ticket, Invitation, Insurance and Covering Letter must have matching dates.
· A valid travel document and a one photocopy of it. Travel documents issued 10 years prior to the date of submitting the application are not accepted. The travel document must be valid at least three months after the completion of the journey. It is mandatory to have two blank pages opposite to each other.Old passport is mandatory.
· Handwritten passports and Passports with manual entry or observations will not be accepted by the Embassy.
· One Work Permit visa form ( OLE19 ), photocopy of visa form allowed.
· Two recent colour passport size photographs with a light background, not older than six months. The photo must be 47mm high and 36mm wide. The distance between the top of the head without hair and the bottom of the chin must be 32-36mm in the photo. Photograph should not have any stapler or pin marks disfiguring the face or background and must be pasted on the form.
· A Covering letter from the applicant on company's letter head stating his name, designation, purpose of visit.
· An original approval from the Labour Office in Finland.
· Copy of certificate of employment/letter of appointment issued by the Employer in Finland.
· Copy of Educational & Professional qualification and also work Experience Certificate.
· Confirmed return air tickets with photocopy of the same.
· A covering letter from the company explaining the purpose of the visit.
· Travel Insurance of Euros 30,000 for duration of stay in all Schengen states. Insurance to be covered for another 15 days after the applicant has come back to India. This is mandatory now. Approved list of Indian Travel Insurance Companies providing Travel Medical Insurance for Schengen Visa
· A letter from the applicant explaining the purpose of the visit.
· Certain categories of Employment need Medical Clearance and the Applicant needs to undergo a medical examination.
· All the applications are referred to Finland for approval and can take 4 to 6 weeks after the receipt of complete application.
· No applications will be received by the Embassy on Fridays.
· Personal presence of the applicant might be required. It is at the discretion of the embassy.
Visa Fee Subject to Change.
Although the information on this website has been prepared with utmost care. However, regulations and requirements are subject to change.
Embassy/Consulate reserves the right to ask for additional documents or personal appearance for an interview in special cases. Submission of the above-mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted. Submission of incomplete documentation or refusal to appear for a special visa interview may result in the rejection of your application.