Indian applicants who wish to apply for a visa can find all information for types of visa and supporting documents. Get details about available visa types, documents requirement for the application, visa fees, visa form, visa centre and general guidelines for Indian citizen who wish to travel Romania with employment visa.
For citizens of India, Living in India
· The Applicant should have a passport valid for at least 3 months beyond the intended period of stay with atleast 2 blank pages. Old passport is required.
· One visa form completed filled by the Applicant online (no column should be left blank as it can be rejected by embassy specially family details column):-
· All the documents should be uploaded while filling the Application online. Each document must not exceed 2 Megabytes (2 MB). (All the documents should be in either of the following formats: jpeg, jpg, tif, png, bmp, txt, rtf or pdf.)
· All attached documents must be presented in original and copy when the Applicant visits the Romanian diplomatic mission / consular post.
· A Waiver Declaration form completely filled and signed by the Applicant.
· Two recent colored photographs of size 3X4 cm, on a white background.
· If the Applicant desires to authorize a travel agent to submit and collect the passport on his/ her behalf, the travel agent would need to carry an Authority Letter signed by the Applicant, on the employing Companies' letterhead. (A sample format is attached for your reference).
· Original Personal Bank Statement updated for the last three months, stamped by the bank.
· A Covering Letter from the Applicant on the company letterhead stating the applicant's personal and passport details, purpose and duration of stay. The letter should be addressed to the Consular Section, Embassy of Romania, New Delhi. (A sample format is attached for your reference).
· Income Tax Returns for the last 3 years.
· The Employer must make a request to the Romanian Immigration Office to issue the Work Permit while fulfilling the following requirements:
o Proof of the legality of the business in Romania and proof that the Company is not in debt.
o Proof of compliance with the legal provisions in force with regards to the selection of the Personnel. Submission of proof certifying such facts, according to the provisions of the special law regarding Special Law on Employment and Secondment of Aliens on the Romanian territory
o The Applicant should fulfill the special conditions of professional training, work experience and authorization.
o The Applicant should also prove that he is medically able to perform the respective activity, has no criminal record, and complies with the annual quota approved by Government Decision, according to the Special Law on Employment and Secondment of Aliens on the Romanian territory. The criminal record or any other document of the same legal value should be issued by the authorities of the country of residence.
· Proof of the means of support at the level of the minimum wage guaranteed for the entire period specified on the visa is also required.
· The proof of the remuneration for the period of the contract.
· Original medical insurance for a minimum of 10 days company seal and signature.
· Educational Certificates.
· Police Clearance Certificate.
· The Applicant must apply for a long stay visa for employment within 30 days of the issuance of the Work Permit.
· Personal presence of the Applicant may be required.
· Visa fees must be checked at the time of submission.
· Note: Effective February 1st, 2014, citizens of countries with which Romania has visa regime, holders of valid uniform short stay visas (with two or multiple entries), long stay visas or permits of residence issued by Schengen countries are allowed to enter in Romania without a Romanian short stay visa.
· The number of entries and days spent in Romania on the account of the Schengen visas will not be counted in the total number of entries and duration of stay permitted in the Schengen countries, under respective valid uniform Schengen visas.
· The number of entries and the authorized staying duration stipulated on their Schengen visas or permits of residence issued by a Schengen state should not be exceeded.
· The mentioned category of non - EU citizens targeted by the new EGO may enter on the territory of Romania for an uninterrupted stay or for more stays whose duration do not exceed 90 days of stay within the 180 day period calculated from the date of the first entry. The duration of stay on the Romanian territory will not exceed the period granted by their respective Schengen visas or permits of residence.
· For those to whom the number of entries and/or the duration of stay stipulated on their valid Schengen visas were exhausted are allowed to enter the Romanian territory only for transit purposes (5 days only).
· Embassy submission days are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
Visa Fee Subject to Change.
Although the information on this website has been prepared with utmost care. However, regulations and requirements are subject to change.
Embassy/Consulate reserves the right to ask for additional documents or personal appearance for an interview in special cases. Submission of the above-mentioned documents does not guarantee that a visa is granted. Submission of incomplete documentation or refusal to appear for a special visa interview may result in the rejection of your application.